It’s that time of the year again. And it may feel like your diaconate is starting all over.
Here are some suggestions to ease the transition for your new deacons and for your diaconate as you move forward together.
10 Important Transitional Issues to Consider:
(follow the links for resources connected to each transitional issue)
- What deacons do: Re-read and discuss the “charge” to Deacons.
- How to start well: Check our website for devotions.
- Build Community and form a strong team: Click here for some suggestions.
- Gifts for Ministry: Examine what gifts you have around your “diaconal table.”
- Organizing your ministry plans: Develop a Diaconate workplan.
- Schedule a Diaconal Ministry Developer (DMD) visit: Who are they?
- Develop your ministry: Guidelines for setting an offering schedule, benevolence, etc.
- Diaconal Ministry Shares: Why do we pay them?
- Diaconal Ministries Canada: Interested in our Annual Report?
- Can’t find what you’re looking for? Check out the FAQs or contact the Diaconal Ministries Canada office (Madeline).