Diaconal Ministries Canada is staffed by individuals who are committed to promoting the work of deacons within the church and the community. We recognize the diaconate as a key vehicle for mobilizing the ministries of the church and its members in response to people with needs.
We are here to help.
Ron Vanden Brink
Administrative & Financial Coordinator
St. Catharines, Ontario
Stewardship Pilot Project Coordinator
Lower Oslow, Nova Scotia
Ron Vanden Brink
Interim Regional Ministry Developer (Eastern Canada)
Regional Ministry Developer (Western Canada)
Chilliwack, British Columbia
Canadian Justice Mobilizer*
*This position falls under Canadian Ministries, Diaconal Ministries Canada, World Renew, and the Christian Reformed Centre for Public Dialogue
Diaconal Coaches are trained and experienced in diaconal work. They are ready and willing to guide you in your role. They’ll work together with you to learn how to engage with your community, promote stewarship in your congregation, promote mercy and justice—and work out your calling in your church and community.
Coaches are available to connect with every diaconate (the team of deacons in a church) in every Christian Reformed Church across Canada.
Find Your Coach!
We have approximately 1 Coach per classis to support you in your important work!
Board of Directors
The Board of Diaconal Ministries Canada includes one (1) representative from each of the 12 Canadian Classis in the Christian Reformed Church.
- Norman Haayema, Classis Alberta North (Secretary)
- Don Miedema, Classis Alberta South/Sask.
- Cindy Verbeek, Classis British Columbia North West
- Michael Prins, Classis British Columbia South East
- Jeff Robinson, Classis Chatham
- Peter Van Harmelen, Classis Eastern Canada
- Steve Dykstra, Classis Hamilton
- Mechele Tebrake, Classis Huron
- Erica Snippe-Juurakko, Classis Lake Superior (Chair)
- Vacant, Classis Niagara
- Rose Saller, Classis Quinte (Treasurer)
- Martin Slofstra, Classis Toronto (Vice-Chair)
Find this year's AGM materials and more by clicking the link below.