Diaconal Ministries Canada is staffed by individuals who are committed to promoting the work of deacons within the church and the community.
We recognize the diaconate (your team of deacons) as a key vehicle for mobilizing the ministries of the church and its members in response to people with needs.
We are here to help.
Our Administrative Team
Our Field Staff
Visit our Careers & Opportunities page to see what's available today!
Diaconal Coaches are trained and experienced in diaconal work. They are ready and willing to guide you in your role. They’ll work together with you to learn how to engage with your community, promote stewardship in your congregation, promote mercy and justice—and work out your calling in your church and community.
Coaches are available to connect with every diaconate (the team of deacons in a church) in every Christian Reformed Church across Canada.
Board of Directors
The Board of Diaconal Ministries Canada includes one (1) representative from each of the 12 Canadian Classis in the Christian Reformed Church.
Here is a list of our current Directors:
- Jesse Edgington, Classis Alberta North
- Grace Miedema, Classis Alberta South/Sask.
- Cindy Verbeek, Classis British Columbia North West
- Liz Tolkamp, Classis British Columbia South East
- Jeff Robinson, Classis Ontario South West (formerly Chatham)
- Peter Van Harmelen, Classis Eastern Canada (Chair)
- Marcia Mantel, Classis Hamilton
- Mary Blydorp, Classis Huron
- Yvonne Schenk, Classis Lake Superior
- Vacant, Classis Niagara
- Rose Saller, Classis Quinte (Treasurer)
- Jeff Fernhout, Classis Toronto
Find this year's AGM materials and more by clicking the link below.
Ministry Plans & Annual Report
Find out more about where we are pouring our energy and moving forward in faith!