The 2017 Operation Manna offering for Canadian CRCs will take place on May 7th, 2017. Materials for that offering have been sent to your church mid-April.
This year, we will feature Operation Manna partner Christians Against Poverty (CAP) at Meadowlands Fellowship CRC in Ancaster, Ontario.
Have a minute? Take a look at what God is doing through the amazing ministries of Operation Manna.
Want this for your OM Offering Sunday service? Click the button below for a version that allows downloads.
Need some extra resources for your church?
Click these links for more copies of the 2017 OM Church Resources:
How might a partnership with Operation Manna help your church in local ministry?
1. Diaconal Ministries Canada has experienced staff dedicated to the Operation Manna program.
- We provide support to your ministry through prayer, encouragement and consultation (planning, organizing, training, or even providing a “sounding board” for your ideas and vision).
- We connect you to other ministries and churches across Canada involved in similar ministries for learning and sharing.
- We provide excellent tools to help you develop your ministry.
2. Diaconal Ministries Canada makes grant money available to churches for their ministries.
- These grants might be needed to help to start a program or ministry.
- They might also help a church or ministry with limited financial resources be able to partner with others in the community.
- They might help your church develop a current ministry further or to move it in a new direction.
3. As part of our network, your ministry will be given more exposure and promotion in your Classis and across the country.
What types of community ministry are eligible for an Operation Manna Partnership?
- Christian Reformed Churches (CRCs) in Canada and community ministries connected to CRCs are eligible.
- There are no restrictions on your ideas and creativity! Everything is eligible, including pregnancy centres, music schools, day camps, drop-in centres and community cafés.
- Ministries must seek to be a part of long-term, sustainable change in the lives of people in the community.
- Operation Manna partners with new programs in established ministries, but also with new ministries.
- Operation Manna also partners with churches to carry out Community Opportunity Scans.
- Follow our blog or subscribe to our newsletter to read the latest news about Operation Manna and its partners
- Learn more about some of our current ministry partners
- Operation Manna Guidelines
- Discover the learning that happens when OM Partners come together annually for a Ministry Networking Day
Your church is part of a neighbourhood.
Will you walk with your neighbours to transform your community? Consider a partnership with Operation Manna if
- you want to do more in the community
- you want to serve with others in your church neighbourhood
- you have creative ideas, but few resources
- you need help getting started
Diaconal Ministries Canada (DMC) staff are passionate about partnering with churches who are responding with Christ’s love, or want to respond to God’s call for them to be in their neighbourhood.
New application forms are available by contacting DMC.