The purpose of Operation Manna is “to engage Christian Reformed Churches in community ministries that seek to bring about sustainable change in individuals and communities experiencing significant needs.”
The following types of community ministry are eligible for an Operation Manna Partnership.
- Christian Reformed Churches (CRCs) in Canada and community ministries connected to CRCs are eligible.
- There are no restrictions on your ideas and creativity! Everything is eligible, including pregnancy centres, music schools, day camps, drop-in centres and community cafés.
- Ministries must seek to be a part of long-term, sustainable change in the lives of people in the community.
- Operation Manna partners with new programs in established ministries, but also with new ministries.
- Operation Manna also partners with churches to carry out Community Opportunity Scans.
For further information on Operation Manna’s funding guidelines, types of funding available, conditions for funding, and timelines for applications, please read:
Operation Manna Application Forms
The Operation Manna application form for new applicants is only available by contacting DMC. Applications must be submitted to Diaconal Ministries Canada by August 15.
Renewal Application Form
The Renewal Application Form is made available on-line. Current Operation Manna partners must submit renewal applications to Diaconal Ministries Canada by October 15.
Christian Reformed Church “Connection” Questionnaire
A questionnaire has been developed to determine the strength of the “connection” between the applicant and the overall vision and mission of the local Christian Reformed Church (CRC).
Operation Manna recognizes and promotes the need for ministries to regularly assess their organizational capacity in order to celebrate what was done well and to identify areas that need growth or attention. Operation Manna has developed a user-friendly evaluation tool that relates ministry growth to the growth and development of a plant (from seed to fruit bearing).